City
Hermosa Beach
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2024 Golf R
Lapiz Blue 2024 Golf R manual... This car is a blast. I am SO happy to get the manual before they disappear forever.

OP
S

SCJsR

Reactions
City
Hermosa Beach
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2024 Golf R
Thread Starter #2
To provide a bit more insight, I have a modification plan. I put a 15% tint on the rear and side windows and a 70 Uber Optic tint on the front. I replaced the stock wheels with black REVOs and replaced the silver mirror caps. As I have the manual I don't need to wait for the transmission to be unlocked but there are no available tunes for the 2024 ECU. I will probably start with a 1+ tune (intercooler + tune). I will probably need to upgrade the clutch before messing with intakes etc.

Sadly, the crazy "buttonless" infotainment controls etc are just as bad as advertised but I will figure it out. I have read some complaints about the manual shifter being mediocre but I can't figure out what's not to like.

This car is 18 inches shorter and 4 inches narrower than the Civic and Integra. That is key for here at the beach. It is easier to get into than either car. The Toyota is fun but I am confident the 3 cylinder in that think is tuned out at 300. GolfRBlackOut Mod 1.jpeg